AdSense

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Deep Fried Tua Pok Balls
炸豆包球



I haven’t been blogging about the stuff I cook for a while. Since I did this for yesterday's dinner and it's still fresh in my mind, better blog it first before I forget again. I’ll blog about the rest next time.

Ingredients:
  • Tofu Puff aka Tua Pok
  • Minced Pork
  • Fish Paste
  • Onion, diced
  • Oil for deep frying

Sauce (optional):
  • ½ tablespoon Apple Cider
  • ½ tablespoon Sugar
  • 2 tablespoon Tomato Sauce

How to do it:
  1. Open one side of the tua pok and invert it.
  2. Mix the minced pork, fish paste and onion together.
  3. Filled the tua pok with the mixed fillings.
  4. Close up the opening by folding the tua pok.
  5. Deep-fry the tua pok balls.
  6. Remove when turned golden brown.
  7. Heat the ingredients for the optional sauce.
  8. Serve.

Note:
I did not put any seasoning for the fillings because the fish paste already adds the saltiness. You can choose not to add fish paste. Try mixing minced pork and prawn. Then a 1/2 teaspoon of salt to it. And substitute onions with water chestnuts for the extra crunch. I like onion because it adds aroma.

No comments:

Post a Comment