AdSense

Friday, January 12, 2007

Tri-colour Roll
三色卷




My friend told me this recipe she made for her kids. Her was just dual colour. I add in ham to make it a tri colour. Hehehe! Seriously, I doubt my son will eat it without ham. I don’t want to waste my effort.
Ingredients:
  • 100g Plain flour, shifted
  • 2 eggs
  • 150ml Water
  • Ham, sliced in strips
  • 1 tablespoon Pandan Juice (depending how thick your juice is)
  • Salt to taste

How to do it:
  • Stir in water to flour slowly.
  • Add in 1 egg.
  • Add pandan juice to make the batter green.
  • Add a pinch of salt.
  • Using a non-stick pan, pour in some batter.
  • Let the batter spread into a thin pancake.
  • Turn it over and remove when both sides are cooked.
  • Using the same pan, slowly pour in ½ beaten egg.
  • Let the egg mixture spreed into a thin egg 'skin'
  • Turn it over and remove when both sides are cooked.
  • Place the egg on the cooked batter (pancake).
  • Put ham strips on one side and roll both egg and pancake together.
  • Cut into smaller pieces and serve.
Note:
I prefer the pancake and the egg to be thin so it’s easier to roll and eat. If you prefer thicker ones, add more batter. If you have older kids, you can try adding cooked chicken strips instead of ham. If you don't want to use pandan juice, you can use green food colouring instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment