AdSense

Friday, March 30, 2007

Chocolate coated Corn Flakes

I was digging into my store to look for tidbits and found a bar of chocolate and a box of Corn Flakes. Eh, why nobody interested in them huh? Surprise, surprise. Nobody eat, I eat lor and I changed them into these ...

Ingredients:

  • 1 bar of chocolate, I'm using 70g Milk Chocolate (see below)
  • 10g butter
  • 1 small box Corn Flakes

How to do it:
  1. Boil a pot of water.
  2. Break the chocolate and add butter into another smaller pot.
  3. Melt the butter and chocolate in the pot by putting it on the pot of boiling water.
  4. Stir well till they become smooth.
  5. Remove from the pot of water.
  6. Pour the corn flakes in and coat well with chocolate.
  7. Place corn flakes on wax paper or paper cup.
  8. Chill them. Best eaten when it's cold!

Note:

  • If you find your melted chocolate too thick, add more butter. The amount of melted chocolate here is enough for 1 1/2 small boxes of corn flakes.
  • You can coat bananas, strawberries, marshmallows, etc too! Just make sure your fruits are not wet otherwise the chocolate won't stick to them.


8 comments:

  1. Now i have a idea how to clear the cornflakes in my house! Thx fren! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is one of my fave! It's so easy, and i guess i can do it for Ethyl's birthday for her friends! :) Thanks for the recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks yummy. I just bought a pack of craneberry & almond cornflake cos they got tired of just plain corn flakes. Will try this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I may these for myself to eat too!
    Have not posted them yet, though. Soon soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CutiePrincessMummy,
    Welcome!

    Fannie,
    Hope Ethyl and her friends will like it!

    Joanne,
    Making this with cranberry and almond cornflake? Like a waste for the cornflake leh. hehehe....

    Jolene,
    Have some! :P

    Tigerfish,
    I want to see yours leh. Faster post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do u use compound / couverture chocolate ?

    Possible to store the finished products in air tight container in room temperature or must they be stored in the fridge ?

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm using normal milk chocolate. If it's going to be packed then dont refridge it cos it will sweat. Yes, just store in air tight container in room temperature when it's cooled will do.

      Delete