AdSense

Friday, June 22, 2007

Fake Ngoh Niang


My Malaysian friends call Ngoh Niang, Lok or Lor Bah. In Singapore, this is called Ngoh Niang. But wait, did I say this is Fake Ngoh Niang? It's not really Ngoh Niang. I simply present this dish the Ngoh Niang way!

This time round, I add in chopped prawns too!

How to do it:
  1. Rinse the beancurd skin briefly and squeeze it dry. You can wipe will damp cloth but I still find that too salty.
  2. Cut beancurd skin to your desired size.
  3. Place some mixture and the edge of the skin.
  4. Fold in both sides of the skin.
  5. Roll it till the beancurd skin is used up.
  6. Dab some cornflour on the edge of the skin to seal.
  7. Boil a pot of water.
  8. Place the meat roll in a dish and steam it till it's cook.
  9. Remove and cut into pieces.
  10. Dust with cornflour and deep fried in hot oil briefly.
  11. Dish, drain and serve with chilli sauce!

No comments:

Post a Comment