AdSense

Friday, July 6, 2007

Watercress Soup 西洋菜排骨汤


I meant to post this for sometime ... old age. hahaha... Anyway, do you know you can make Watercress Soup in two ways? Adding 2 Honey Dates (蜜枣)will do the difference.

Watercress Soup may have a hint of bitterness and I thought my kids will like it better with a bit of sweetness in it. Nope, I was wrong. They like the normal way of cooking even if it taste slightly bitter.

I used to pluck the leaves to cook. I'll remove the stems after cooking leaving only the leaves in the soup. It was easier for the kids. Now, they refuse to eat the veg, only want the soup. Well, less work for me.

Ingredients:
  • 250g Pork Ribs
  • 1 bunch Watercress
  • 5 Red Dates, pitted
  • 1 handful Wolfberries
  • 2 Honey Dates (if you want the soup sweet)
  • 1 litre Water
  • Salt to taste
How to do it:
  1. Blanch pork ribs
  2. All all ingredients, except salt in a pot.
  3. Bring to a boil.
  4. Simmer for an hour.
  5. Add salt to taste.
  6. Serve
*Watercress Soup without Honey Dates*

No comments:

Post a Comment