AdSense

Friday, October 12, 2007

Tempura Mushrooms with Sweet and Spicy Sauce


Okay, okay ... I promise myself I won't have fried stuff for supper but these button mushroom had been sitting my fridge for 2 days and they are begging me to heat them up because they can't stand the cold anymore. So, so, so ... I fried them and let them swim in some sweet and spicy sauce.

They should be happy. I think they are hot. *giggle*

Here's the concoction of my dipping sauce:

  • 1/2 tablespoon Lime Juice
  • 1/2 tablespoon (Maggi) Chilli Sauce
  • 1 teaspoon Light Soy Sauce
  • 1 teaspoon Sugar
  • 1 teaspoon Coriander Roots, chopped
  • 1/3 teaspoon Sesame Seed Oil


* Sweet and Spicy Dipping Sauce *

9 comments:

  1. that's supper? your supper more sumptuous than my dinner XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look good, they must have a great crunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried my first Tempura mushroom in KL, they were very yummy. I don't usually eat deep-fried food. Your tempura mushrooms looked yummy! *slurp slurp*

    btw.... you've been tagged.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am definitely going to try this out :) Mushroom is our family fav too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did this today and we love the sauce :) I also used it as a dipping sauce for tempura prawns and it's yummy! Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Noobcook,
    Hehe ... when we are hungry at night I just dig into my fridge to see what I can cook. :p

    East Meets West Kitchen,
    It's my all time favourite!

    Kelly,
    Yes, crunchy on the outside and soft inside. ;)

    Eastcoastlife,
    No fried food?! You are living a healthy lifestyle!

    LZmommy,
    You guys like the sauce?! Of all the sauces I made, I love this the best! I use this for so many other food too! You're welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's look like you are using cremini mushroom or baby bella, they have a great taste better than white button mushroom,
    one of our fave food too, tempura mushroom, when we go mushroom hunting this is what the mushroom gonna be prepare, so yummy, i am like you, promise my self no more fried food, but my hubby beg to fried him the mushroom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kellyofbandm,
    Yes these are the Brown Cap Cremini. Baby Bella? Hmmm ... it is Portobello? I have not tried frying those cos I think they might produce 'water'. ;P

    ReplyDelete