AdSense

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

French Beans with Ham and Bacon Bits


This bag of french beans was the last of the vegetables after I cleared the asparagus. I had wanted to empty the fridge for easy cleaning.

I planned to cook this but realised I didn't have minced pork. So I used the ham and streaky bacon, meant for my son's breakfast, instead.

Ingredients:
  • 400g French Beans
  • 2 slice Ham, chopped into bits
  • 3 slice Streaky Bacon, chopped into bits
  • 1 teaspoon Garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon Fermented Soybean Paste (try the spicy one if you like)
  • 1/2 teaspoon Sugar

How to do it:

  1. Snap of the ends of the french beans.
  2. Deep fry french beans for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
  3. Heat up the wok and add in the bacon.
  4. Stir fry the slightly brown. Do not drain the oil.
  5. Add in the garlic and ham.
  6. Stir fry till garlic is fragrant and the bacon and ham are brown.
  7. Add in the French beans, fermented soybean paste and sugar.
  8. Stir fry for another 30 seconds to a minute till french beans are thoroughly cooked and season.
  9. Dish and serve.
  • Click HERE for printer-friendly version of an original recipe

5 comments:

  1. Yummy!
    These would be a fantastic side dish for some many dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I luv french beans and yours look really yummy! I just experimented cooking french beans wif pine nuts and mangoes, keke...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice idea. I put bacon bits with asparagus once and it was nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. these looks great... yummy... make me hungry...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone for your compliments.

    ReplyDelete