You know I'm really hard pressed for time these days especially with Chinese New Year just less than a week away. Hence, I used my (water) oven a lot so I can work on other stuff while my trusty helper do the rest of the cooking.
You need an oven or toaster to make this dish. If you don't own one, you can steam it but the dish will be 'watery'. Not that nice plus you won't have the brown top effect.
If you have been following my blog, you might know my son only eats Cod (expensive taste buds). So for this dish, I used Cod as usual. You can use other white fish instead but I must say Cod tasted a lot better. It tasted sweet.
- 1 Cod (I used the tail part and it's about 7" long)
- A dash of pepper and salt
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil if not using Cod
- 3 clove Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder (optional)
- 2 tablespoon Mayonnaise (I use Japanese Mayo - the one with the baby)
- 1/2 teaspoon Olive Oil
- A pinch of salt
How to do it:
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Rub a dash of pepper and salt on Cod.
- Place Cod skin down on a baking dish, if you are not using Cod rub oil on the base of the fish before putting it on the dish.
- To prepare the sauce, chop or blend garlic till paste like.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Spread the mixture over the fish.
- Bake fish for 15 minutes or till cooked.
- Served immediately.
If you are using Cod, you may notice a lot of oil at the base. It's from both the Cod and the Mayo. Just dish it out and serve on another dish. Oily it may seems but it's not oily but moist instead inside (see pic below). However if you are using other white fish, it will not be as moist inside.
- Click HERE for printer-friendly version of an original recipe.