AdSense

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Roasted Potatoes with Garlic and Rosemary


The other day, I did BBQ Ribs for dinner and I made potatoes to go with it. The ribs were flavourful and it goes really well with these potatoes.

Seriously, I could eat the potatoes alone. It's really nice and quite filling too.



Ingredients:
  • 4 fist-sized Potatoes, scrubbed cleaned and cut in chunks.
  • 5 glove Garlic, lightly crushed
  • 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
  • 2 teaspoon Dried Rosemary
  • 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder (optional)
  • A pinch of Salt
  • A dash of Ground Black Pepper

How to do it:
  1. Mix everything well in a oven proof dish or alternatively, put everything in a ziploc bag and shake to mix well before pouring out to the dish.
  2. Roast in 200C oven for 1 hour or till potatoes are tender.
  3. Remove every15 minutes to give it a stir so potatoes at the bottom of the dish are roasted too.
  4. Sprinkle additional salt and pepper to taste if you like.

Note:
You can peel of the skin if you like but I prefer the skin on.

  • Click HERE for printer-friendly version of an original recipe.


* Half slab of BBQ Ribs with Roasted Potatoes *

6 comments:

  1. Hi, I see that you used dried RoseMary, where can you get it in Singapore? Can we get fresh one instead? How about Tyme?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love roasted potatoes and garlic. I like to spread the garlic on my roast chicken or bread, heavenly.

    Your ribs looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shuey,
    I can only get fresh herbs if I go to cold storage. My place here doesn't have fresh herbs so I used dried ones. I got mine from NTUC. Sure you can use fresh one but you have to double it. Thyme is good too. Sometimes, I used both thyme & rosemary and parsley (all dried ones) together. Smells really nice.

    Didally,
    Yay!! That's the best part! I love garlic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colours & texture are so good! Yummy~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Noobcook,
    Thanks.
    Did it again today with addition Thyme and Parmesan cheese in it. Smells and taste good too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WokkingMum, I did this for dinner just now. Just wanna lest you know it tasted great. But it was a little sweet though for me. Apart from that, everyone likes it. Thank you. Keep the good posts coming in.

    ReplyDelete