AdSense

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Groupa with Fermented Black Bean


This is another fish dish for my husband. My kids hate it. Seriously, I don't quite like it either. :P It's the fermented black beans. I never like it since young as it reminds me of the eggs of ...... I didn't even dare touch it before. But my husband loves it though.

Having said that, there's nothing wrong with the taste especially after adding the dried Tangerine Peel. I just need to get over the appearance of the beans. :P

Ingredients:
  • 300g Fish Fillet (I use Grouper here)
  • 2 tablespoon Shredded Ginger
  • 1 1/2 tablespoon Black Bean Paste (Please refer below)
  • 1/2 tablespoon Oil

Black Bean Paste:
  • 100g Chopped Fermented Black Beans
  • 1 teaspoon Chopped Dried Tangerine Peel
  • 1 tablespoon Chopped Garlic
  • 1/2 tablespoon Sugar
  • 1 tablespoon Oil

How to do it:
  1. Heat oil in wok.
  2. Add all ingredients except sugar and stir fry till fragrant.
  3. Add sugar and stir fry further till ingredients well mixed and fragrant.
  4. Dish and set aside.
  5. Arrange ginger on a plate.
  6. Place fish on top.
  7. Spread black bean paste over fish.
  8. Steam for 10 minutes or till cooked.
  9. Sprinkle spring onions and chilli on fish.
  10. Pour hot oil over fish.
  11. Serve immediately.

Note:
  • Salt is not included as fermented black bean is already salty.
  • Add the fermented black bean paste according to your taste.

7 comments:

  1. So your hb has to finish everything by himself :P
    I

    ReplyDelete
  2. We still eat it but we brush the black bean paste aside. The sauce is pretty good and it goes well with the fish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must try then, so far only stir-fried bittergourd with black black paste, nothing else

    ReplyDelete
  4. your white fish looks so tasty! i wouldn't mind eating it with the black beans even though its something i do not fancy too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooo thank you so much! I'll introduce you to all my Singaporean friends here in Belgium!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've tried your recipe today. It was very tasty! Didn't know that black bean paste can be cooked with fish. Thanks for sharing. I've linked this recipe in my blog. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anyhow Cook, You are most welcome. Glad you like it and thanks for linking.

    ReplyDelete