I bought a kilogram of clams today to cook spicy clams.I decided to set aside 6 of them to steam them with eggs.
The clams I bought were rather big hence I only used 6 for 2 eggs as I don't want the egg custard to be only full of the sweetness of the clams.
However, you may add more if your like. You can even remove half empty shell and steam using with the shell with the clam only. I prefer to use the whole clam for easy picking. =)
- 6 Clams
- 2 Eggs
- 160ml Stock
- a pinch Salt
How to do it:
- Soak clams in salted water to let it 'spit' out sand.
- Steam clams for 10 minutes or till are slightly opened.
- Remove clams and reserve liquid.
- Beat egg lightly in a bowl
- Add water and liquid from clams together
- Mix well.
- Sieve the egg mixture for smoother result.
- Pour egg mixture in a dish and place clams in it.
- Cover dish with foil.
- Steam till egg is set
- Timing for steaming depends on how deep your dish is. I divided my egg mixture into 2 single portions and steamed them for 10 minutes.
- Don't steam the clams for too long as you will be steaming them again with the egg mixture. The clams will be over cooked and will not be tender if you do so.