Some of you might know that I make dinner twice a day. The first dinner is for the kids and me and the second dinner is for my husband.
He has long working hours and usually reached home after eight, sometimes after nine! I didn't like the idea of serving cold food or reheated food (personally I wouldn't like having it either), I rather cook again. However, it's usually something really fast and easy to cook dishes, like what you see here.
The salmon is paired with blanched broccoli here. I prepared the lime butter ahead and I blanched the broccoli the same time I grilled the salmon. It only took me less than 10 minutes to get the dish done.
10 minutes for a hot dinner. How's that?
- 1 piece Salmon
- A pinch of Salt and a dash of Ground Black Pepper
- Zest of 1 Green Lime (optional)
- 5 clover Garlic, chopped
- Juice of 1/2 Green Lime
- 1/4 tsp Black Ground Pepper or to taste
- 30g butter, softened
- Salt to taste
How to do it:
- Prepare the Lime Butter by blending all the lime butter ingredients till smooth.
- Clean salmon and pat dry.
- Rub salmon with salt and ground black pepper before pan grilling.
- Sparingly spread some butter on salmon for grilling.
- Pan grill salmon till just well done.
- Sprinkle zest on salmon, if desired, and serve 1/2 tbsp of soften lime butter.
- The lime butter is enough to serve 4-6 slices of salmon depending on the size of each piece.
- The green lime referred here is the lemon look-a-like, not Kalamansi.