I really love radish though there isn't anyone at home sharing the same sentiments. The only thing they will take with radish in it is probably soup.
I just need a bowl of rice, maybe two to goes with this stew. I love how the radish in the stew here absorbed all the flavours. It's soft and flavourful and the bone from the ribs just slip off from the meat. And don't forget the sauce! Drizzle it over piping hot rice! Yum!
- 300g Pork Ribs
- 1 Carrot, skinned and cut into chunks (about 150g)
- 1 Radish, skinned and cut into chunks (about 220g)
- 1 small Onion, cut into chunks
- 3 clove Garlic, smashed and chopped
- 300ml Water
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon Chinese Cooking Wine
- 2 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Oyster Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar or regular Sugar
How to do it:
- Blanch ribs and set aside.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil.
- Stir fry garlic till fragrant.
- Add in the vegetables and rib.
- Stir fry for a minute before adding the seasoning.
- Add in water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and continue to cooking for 2 hours or till the ribs and radish are tender.
- Add more hot water if the sauce are drying but ribs & radish are not tender enough.
- Add salt to taste if necessary
- Serve with a bowl of rice.
- Cooking time maybe varies depending on the size of the vegetable chunks and the pork ribs.
- To make the radish less bitter, precook the chopped radish by boiling it in water for 1 to 2 minutes.