AdSense

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Strawberry Ice Blended
草莓冰沙


Christmas is around the corner and one of my best friends suggested if having a Christmas 'Party' at my place this year. (We used to have random makan sessions at my (old) place.)

It wouldn't be a party, just a get-together with a few of my very good friends. Incidentally, they were also my bridesmaids too, all three of them. ;) It's going to be my 13th Wedding Anniversary soon. Hence, you might have guessed that our friendship must be longer than that. The longest being 26 years? I don't know them all at the same time but during some time of my life. However, it's great that they somehow became friends themselves too. :)

Oh! There's a torn among the roses (other than my husband) too. He is my husband's ex-co-worker, who also become all the gals' friend somewhere in time. He was also one of my husband's best-man too. In case, he reads this and I didn't mention him, he will think he is not invited to the get-together. Actually, I bet he is secretly hoping that I will forget about him. LOL

Anyway, being a kiasu, I'm already thinking what to cook and trying them out to reduce blunders on that day. No more BBQ & Steamboat this time. One of the dishes will be an Oven Roasted Maltose Ribs (more on that next time). I'll be making this very easy Strawberry Ice Blended for after meals. I can make this a day before and blend it on the day itself so there is lesser things to do and lesser clean up. I love the colours! Very Christmassy. :)

I'm looking forward to the Xmas Makan Session, that is after our makan session next week! LOL. And like what my husband said earlier today, hopefully my food wont be burned. :P

Ingredients:(serves 2-3)
  • 1 punnet of strawberries (abt 450g), hauled
  • 1 tablespoon Golden Granulated Sugar or regular sugar or to taste
  • 2 glasses of Ice Cubes

How to do it:
  1. Blend strawberries till smooth.
  2. Blend in sugar with the strawberries paste.
  3. Add in the ice cubes and blend till ice cubes are crushed and smooth.Serve immediately.

Note:
  • I'm using very small ice cubes; abt the size 15mm x 15mm. It makes blending easier.
  • The amount of sugar depends on how sweet/sour your strawberries are, so adjust the sugar contain on your own.
  • I prefer Golden Granulated Sugar but regular sugar works fine too.
  • If you intend to make it a day before, you can use water instead of ice cubes. After blending, put the mixture into ice cube tray and freeze it. You can blend the strawberries ice cubes the next day.
  • Please use a blender that is able to cut ice to do it in order not to damage the blade.


2 comments: