This is one of our family's favourite snack. You can't stop till it's all gone. My kids hate Enoki Mushroom but they can never reject these fried ones.
Usually, I'll make these for dinner if I ran out of ideas what to cook.
- 2 packet Enoki Mushroom, ends chopped off
- Oil for Deep Frying
- 4 tablespoon Self Raising Flour
- 2 tablespoon Rice Flour
- 4 tablespoon Water
- a pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon Chicken Powder
- a dash of Pepper
How to do it:
- Mix batter well and set aside.
- Separate enoki mushroom into small batches.
- Heat oil hot but not smoking.
- Dip enoki mushroom into batter.
- Drip off excess batter and deep fry in batches to prevent them from sticking together.
- Remove when they are lightly golden brown (mine is a bit too brown).
- Drain on paper towel.
- While waiting for the enoki mushroom to be drain off the excess oil, dry fry the chicken powder and pepper together on low heat till fragrant.
- Serve with crispy enoki mushroom with sprinkle of seasonings, if you like.