AdSense

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Pan Fried Ribs with Rosemary
迷迭香煎排骨


This is one of the earlier dishes I did using the Happy Call Pan (HCP). Again, this was 'hidden' away in the draft folder till now. :P  Age's catching up. I'll be 41 on my coming birthday. :o Memory is failing. :p

I haven't been using my HCP much lately. Just too lazy. I have been letting the oven do most of the work. Perhaps I should use the HCP to make this dish again.

If remembered correctly, the ribs done with the HCP was rather juicy as compared to using the oven. However, I usually oven grill the ribs with the onions. It adds the sweetness of the onions to the ribs. I'm unable to do so with the HCP as it will burn the onion. The onions here is served as a side. Please omit it if you don't like it. I love onions though. ;)

Ingredients:
  • 2 Pork Ribs
  • 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
  • 1 sprig Fresh Rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon Dried Rosemary
  • 1/2 Onion, sliced
  • Salt and Pepper to taste

Marinade:
  • 2 teaspoon Cooking Wine
  • 1/2 teaspoon Light Soy Sauce
  • 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
  • a pinch of Salt
  • a dash of Pepper

How to do it:
  1. Add ribs to marinade.
  2. Set aside and let it marinate for 20 mins.
  3. In the pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil.
  4. Add in onions and half of minced garlic.
  5. Saute fragant and onions are soften.
  6. Season with salt and pepper.
  7. Side aside.
  8. Using the same pan, place the ribs and sprinkle rosemary over.
  9. Covered the pan and cook for 2 mins on each side on medium low heat till just done.
  10. To have the ribs more charred and brown, turn up the heat a little and pan fried each side well, uncovered.
  11. Remove and serve with onions.

Note:
  • Time required to cook the ribs depends on how thick/meaty the ribs are.
  • You can use any cooking wine you like.




2 comments:

  1. Hi I chanced upon ur blog and am really v bad at cooking . Thanks for sharing all ur recipes. I'm trying to pick up cooking and see quite some dishes that r oven prepared. For simple meals for my husband n son, do u recommend I get an oven or the HCP? Any advise is helpful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my opinion, oven will be a better investment in a long run, especially if you are hard press for time. You can let the oven do the cooking for you while you stir-fry another dish. HCP is good too but you can't leave your hands and eyes away from it. It's good as an additional kitchen gadget. :)

      Delete