AdSense

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

{ Egg in Toast }
土司蛋


Last month was examination month. Then we went for a short holiday when school closed for holidays. Hence the lack of post (I just realised that there isn't any post last month). That and the fact that I'm using my husband's (work) laptop now instead of our desktop. However, photos are all still being loaded in the desktop. Lots of work just to get a post out and I grew lazy to update :P

I will still try to not to be lazy and post more often :P  Here's a quick one for a start.

I'm sure many have try making this before. I used to do this on a frying pan but I didn't like the results. The bottom sometimes get burn and worst, the egg's not even cooked well on the top.

Quite sometime back I decided to do this using the oven instead and we all loved the results. The bread tasted better as you can spread it with butter or for my case, Garlic Spread. The egg is cooked just right and the best of all, the bottom of the bread is not burned either.

Try this if you have an oven. This is how I did it:

Ingredients:
  • 1 slice Thick Bread
  • 1 cold 60g Egg
  • Butter or Garlic Spread

How to do it:
  1. Use a cookie cutter to cut out a hole in the middle of the bread.
  2. Spread butter or garlic spread on the top and the inside of the cut out hole.
  3. Place on a piece of baking paper. I'm using Glad baking paper hence no greasing is required, You might have to grease light if you are using the normal baking paper.
  4. Crack egg into the hole.
  5. Toast in preheated oven at 200c for 3mins.
  6. Reduce temperate to 180c and continue to toast for 4mins.
  7. Remove from baking paper and serve.

Note:
  • The first toasting using higher temperature is to set the egg a little so the bread at the bottom doesn't absorb too much of the egg.
  • The second toasting using a lower temperature is to cook the egg further to desire doneness.
  • Every oven work differently. If you find your bread getting too brown after the first toasting, you can shield the bread using a foil tent.
  • Alternatively, you can lower the temperature and toast it longer.
  • If you can't get thick bread, use regular thickness bread with a smaller egg. This is to prevent the egg from over-flowing from the hole.

4 comments:

  1. Hi - I just wanted to let you know I tried your recipes for watercress soup and happycall grilled chicken (replaced teriyaki sauce with black pepper) last night. It was amazing. Thanks for sharing. Watercress soup is one of my favourite and I never knew it was this simple. Looking forward to try some of your other recipes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is something interesting and simple to prepare for our loves one. I like the idea.

    ReplyDelete