Does this look like a pot of plant to you? The plant is mint but its not sitting in a pot of soil. Take a closer look and don't be fooled. ;)
I had this idea for the longest time but never get to excute it because it's not easy for me to get Mint Leave or any herbs.
This idea actually came from my daughter when I did Chocolate Milk Pudding. She said the pudding looked yucky :P and adding oreo on it will make it look like a pot of soil.
Since I now grow my own mint (please see photo at the end), I decided to put my plan into action. ;) Adding the Oreo crumbs adds texture to the pudding. Crunch on every bite. :)
Ingredients (for 2 cups):
- 250ml Milo or Chocolate Milk
- 7g Gelatin
- 6 (single) pieces Oreo, crushed into crumbs
- 2 stalks Mint
How to do it:
- Mix Milo with gelatin.
- Heat mixture but do not boil, stir till gelatin melts.
- Pour mixture into cups.
- Chill in fridge till set.
- Pour Oreo crumbs on pudding and stick in a stalk of Mint in the centre and serve.
- You can use jelly powder instead of gelatin if you like.
- Using 3in1 Milo will be easier. However, you are free to make the Milo to your taste.
- Do not include the cream in the Oreo for the crumbs.
This is my pot of homegrown Mint. You can try growing your own.
Get some stalks of Mint. Cut about 6 to 7 cm from the top. Remove all leaves except the top 2 - 4 leaves and stick them in the soil. Water regularly.
You are successful if they do not look wilted after a few days of constant watering. After that you can cut down on the watering and reduce to once a day or more on a hot day.