AdSense

Friday, May 10, 2013

Little Lunch Box #51
小饭盒


It has been a long time since I prepared a 'pink box'. My daughter used to request for bread/sandwiches all the time and I always use this pink box for sandwiches. I decided it will be a pink box day today (because I was too lazy to cook. LOL).

Since Mother's Day is just around the corner, I made a 'flower sandwich' or rather sandwiches in the shape of petals with chocolate spread.

I spread a thin layer of butter on top of the sandwiches before I place the ham. This is to prevent the bread from absorbing the moisture from the ham. To secure all the petal sandwiches together, I cut a slice of circle cheese and put in the middle. Then pin them down with angel hair spaghetti. After that, I covered it with small dots of cheese and ham, which will stick together after being out of the fridge for a while.

The spaghetti 'pins' do not need to be removed before eating as they will turn soft and will not cause any hazard. Maybe just a bit chewy.

Many people ask me how I keep the ham and cheese from turning bad in our weather. I usually pack lunch box with an ice pack but most of the time with a packet of semi-frozen milk/drink. That always does the trick. :)

Ps. No flowers for me for this coming Mother's Day. I'm not even sure if the kids remember the day. :/ Anyways, using this chance to wish all mothers out there a very Happy Mother's Day! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment