AdSense

Friday, December 6, 2013

Churros with Chocolate Sauce
切洛斯



I made one of my favourite snacks, Churro, today.  I wished it was commonly available. 

I don't really enjoy making it because it's so difficult to squeeze out hot dough. :( Always remember to wrap a cloth around the piping bag when you are doing it to avoid being burned.

I used some remaining dough that was too difficult to pipe out and make them into balls. We all love those as it's was a lot more easier to eat. One ball each mouth!

These churros  are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Can't stop at one!



Ingredients:
  • 250ml Water
  • 1/4 teaspoon Salt
  • 125g All-Purpose Flour, sifted
  • 2 tablespoon Sugar
  • 1 tablespoon Oil
  • Oil for frying

How to do it:
  1. Put flour in a heatproof bowl and set aside.
  2. Combine water, sugar, salt and oil in a saucepan.
  3. Bring it to a boil.
  4. Pour it over the flour.
  5. Stir till a smooth dough is formed and it separates from the sides of the bowl.
  6. Spoon the dough into a pastry bag with a large star tip.
  7. Pipe into hot oil.
  8. Alternatively, pipe on baking paper.
  9. Drop the piped dough with the baking paper into the oil then remove the paper.
  10. Deep fry till they float up on the oil and turns golden brown.
  11. Drain on paper towels.
  12. Coat with Cinnamon sugar or serve with melted chocolate.

Notes:
  • I melt some semi-bitter chocolate bits with some fresh milk using steam bath method. I didn't weigh the chocolate chips as I just used what I thought is enough. It's about 5 tablespoon of chocolate bit and 1 tablespoon milk to thin it.
  • The mixing of Cinnamon Sugar as based on estimation too. More sugar and less Cinnamon powder. Adjust according to your taste.




No comments:

Post a Comment