AdSense

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Cream of Asparagus
芦笋奶油汤



I bought a pack of Asparagus not realising that I already have a pack at home. As I'm the one one eating it, I find turning it into soup is the fastest way to finish it.




I made this last Saturday for breakfast.  So glad that my daughter loves it.  Now I don't have to only make Mushroom Soup for her. There's another option and more to come, I come.  No luck with my son though even bacon was used. :/

It's an easy and yummy 'hulk' soup that you got to try. :)





Ingredients:
  • 200g Asparagus, chopped into sections
  • 1 small or 1/2 medium Onion (not shallot), diced
  • 4 strips Streaky Bacon (optional), diced
  • 1 Litre Chicken or Vegetable Stock
  • 50ml Cooking Cream
  • Salt and Pepper to taste

How to do it:
  1. Fry streaky bacon till brown.
  2. Remove the bacon bits leaving the oil in the pan.
  3. Saute the onion till soft.
  4. Add in the asparagus and cook for 5 mins (shorter time if you are using Thai Asparagus).
  5. Add in the stock and bring to a simmer.
  6. Continue cooking till the asparagus is tender.
  7. Blend till it is smooth.
  8. Add salt to taste.
  9. Stir in cooking cream.
  10. Thicken with some corn flour mixture if you like.
  11. Serve.

Note:
  • I'm using streaky bacon to try covering up some of the taste of asparagus to make it more acceptable for kids. You can use 1/2 tablespoon butter instead.
  • If you do not wish to use corn flour to thicken the soup, you can use double cream instead of cooking cream.
  • Cooking cream can be replaced with Whipping Cream too.



No comments:

Post a Comment